SWOT ANALYSIS of Student Example| A way to Sell yourself

If you are student and want to know and try to create your personal SWOT Analysis, you can use the example below for your reference. Remember, if you can identified your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats then you will know what you should do and what strategy what will you choose for the future. This method absolutely the right way to "sell yourself".

Example of Student SWOT Analysis

Strengths

  1. What do you do well?
  2. What unique resources can you draw on?
  3. What do others see as your strengths?
  • Good at character creation
  • Can talk and present in front of large crowds|public speaker
  • Pretty tech savvy
  • Good with detailed lines, cross hatching
  • Can draw with a graphics tablet
  • Variety of unique styles
  • Uses colour schemes well

Weaknesses
  1. What could you improve?
  2. Where do you have fewer resources than others?
  3. What are others likely to see as weaknesses
  • Easily distracted
  • Jump to the final image without showing development
  • Not always confident with diverse poses
  • Don't read through the brief properly so I sometimes miss crucial parts
  • In order to get things right in my head I have to talk it through out loud
  • Stryggle to make fast decisions
  • Impulsive

Opportunities

  1. What opportunities are open to you?
  2. What trends could you take advantage of?
  3. How can you turn strengths info opportunities?
  • The colleges printing facilities offer me a chance to work with new media
  • I have been taught how to make basic zines which I could sell at fairs for a small profit
  • Digital workshops
  • Weekly updates for potential job
  • Get to collaborate with others to make images and product e.g. badges, tee shirts and small characters prints

Threats

  1. What threats could harm you?
  2. What is your competition doing?
  3. What threats do your weaknesses expose you to?
  • Others illustrators -- large competitive field
  • Similar styles to me -- don't want to blend in with the crowd
  • Getting easily distracted can hinder the quality of my work
  • Lack of development doesn't support my image making and is bad practise
  • Being impulsive can lead me to making drastic choice about my work which I could regret further down the line.